Thursday, January 06, 2005

They shoot horses, don't they?

I guess this can be a follow-up to my "What the hell...?" entry...or maybe a continuation.

Heard in the news the other day that sleigh riding is now banned in some NJ town (forget which one) because apparently some kid ran into something and got hurt. Happened to all of us, right? That was the risk for the thrill of it, no? Here's the wrinkle though...the parents sued the town...and won! HELLO!! Kids play...kids get hurt (it wasn't serious, btw)...it's part of growing up. It's called being a kid and having fun! It kills me to hear things like this, because most parents of small children these days are of my generation. When did we learn to file frivolous lawsuits? Pretty soon it's going to get to the point where kids will start getting briefcases and cell phones in lieu of their first tricycle or Barbie doll! They say youth is wasted on the young...not for long if Jersey parents can help it! Youth is becoming a lost concept. Did I mention that Jersey is a totally Democratic state? Again, I don't latch on to either party...just reinforcing my point that both parties have their fair share of dipshits. Anything a Democrat can criticize about a Republican, a Republican can find just as much to criticize about a Democrat.
I have lived through a more or less equal share of both parties' administrations, and I've always had a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and food on my table. If anyone can tell me how one party benefits me over the other, I'm all ears. A Democrat might defend NJ by saying that we have the highest median income in the nation. AND? We also have among the highest cost of living...what's your point?
I'll say it again...bipartisanship is stupid. Why not take the best of both and make one really spiffy party that will make everyone happy?
What really scares me is that I am not, and never was, very political. Unfortunately, the events in this state have forced me to go on political rants because everything is politically motivated these days.
Man, I hate this state!

No comments: