Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Quick update

Not much to report today.

Second week on the new job and so far so good. Physically, it's a breeze compared to Kraft. In 7 work days so far, I've probably only put in about 40 hours. It really is essentially a 4 day work week. Sure, I know it will have it's ups and downs just like any other job, but it's still a huge load off not having to deal with that damn truck.

Had another good night at bowling on Monday. I wasn't thrilled with the progression of the games...you're supposed to improve with each game, but I'll take it. I shot a 234, a 206, and a 197 for a 637 series. My season average will probably go up to a 199. I'd really like to finish with a 200 or above.

I signed up for the Nearfest Patron program lottery. It's a lot of money but it's something I'd like to do at least once, and the difference in cost is a tax write off.
Hopefully I'll get picked, and then be able to get decent seats. It seems that Nearfest is getting like Giants Stadium. Pretty soon all the seats will be patron seats.

I guess that's about it for now.

Nine months, three days, 23 hours
11198 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,790.03
Life saved: 5 weeks, 3 days, 21 hours

No comments: