Thursday, April 16, 2009

It SO figures!


Here's the deal...

I used to have DirecTV which I loved, and still would recommend to anyone. Problem is that when I bought a Hi-Def flat screen, I found that I would not be able to receive any HD channels because of trees right outside my condo (which I can do nothing about). So, bye-bye DirecTV, hello Comcast (ugh!). The one very small upside...Comcast, like DirecTV, carries the NFL Network. Cablevision (the cable carrier that my friends and family have) does not carry NFLN.
Fast-forward to the present, and it turns out that as of May 1, Comcast will no longer carry NFL Network. Turns out that NFLN won't let any provider carry them unless it's on the "basic" tier. Comcast only offered it as part of an optional sports tier.
Anyway, on to my point. Now I no longer have access to the NFL Network be it at home or at a friend's, or even my local family.
So the NFL released the 2009 schedule on Tuesday, and as anyone with my luck would expect, the Dolphins have a prime time game scheduled in November on....you guessed it...the NFL Network.
What kills me is that they also have a Monday night game against the Jets. A game that had it been on NFL Network, would also be televised on a local channel, because if you live in the tri-state area, you will see the Jets and Giants on TV no matter what.

It SO figures!

Posted via email from FZDolfan's posterous

No comments: