Sunday, January 30, 2005

Brighter days ahead?

I met someone on match.com recently. She is so cool...one of the guys, so to speak. That's just how I like it. I have no interest in "prim and proper ladies". I've chatted with several women online lately, but she's different. Our conversation doesn't seem "forced" just for the sake of conversation. There was an immediate interest after the initial email, and it seemed mutual. We spoke on the phone once so far, and I'll admit we were a little bit apprehensive, but it was a nice chat...about an hour. I can't wait to meet her in person. She said herself that despite how "loose" our online (email, IM) conversation is, we'll probably both be like deer in the headlights when we meet...and she's probably right, but if we can both just try to focus on what we already know about each other, we should be fine.
I suggested maybe going to a dinner/comedy club for the first meet. Someplace where it's near impossible to allow tension to exist. Plus she's a real wise-ass...it's one of my favorite qualities in her so far. Did I mention that she's pretty cute?
I hope this turns into something...it's headed in the right direction so far. Brighter days indeed.

No comments: