Saturday, January 29, 2005

Killer week at work

Wow, what a week this was! Between the snow storm last weekend, and loading in for the DiGiorno Super Bowl sale at Stop & Shop, I generated sales in this week alone ($33,000) what normally takes almost 3 weeks to do. Of course, it comes at a price. I worked almost 70 hours and I'm exhausted. However, working on commission, and generating about $52,000 (normally a 4 week output) during this two week pay period, it will be like getting a double paycheck. Plus I should be getting my nice tax refund soon, so I'll be sitting pretty for a while. I just have to remember that the summer is a total contrast sales-wise, so I need to put some aside. It's quite ironic actually. I make the most money when the weather sucks and I don't have the time or energy to do anything, and the least money when the weather is great and my days are much shorter and easier due to less sales.
Anyway, this week coming up is one of the busiest of the year, and then things should calm down a bit.

No comments: