Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Faster than a speeding bullet....

It's amazing how fast vacations go by...even if you're not doing anything particularly fun. It's day 4 of my vacation and I feel like it just started.

Anyway, took my mom to see Star Wars last night. Great movie.
It was by far the best of the newer trilogy, and IMO ranks right up there with the older trilogy.
I don't go to movies much (last one before this was The Day After Tomorrow...well over a year ago if I recall), but there are some movies that just have to be seen on the big screen. For me, Star Wars is one of them.
Saw a couple of previews that looked pretty cool. One was the Fantastic Four. Not so sure the story will be anything special, but the effects look pretty cool.
The other is War of the Worlds. That one looks loaded with action and special effects.

We had our "fun night" at bowling last night. It's where we get our prize money and awards and stuff. We ended up in 6th, which really sucks. We took home $217 each for that (keep in mind that we pay in $648 during the season).
I won high average with a 198 (actually low for the high avg winner). That was $50 and a patch. For all intents and purposes, I actually won most improved average as well (from a 182 to a 198), but because of a stupid rule that says you can't win more than one "money" award, it went to some guy that improved by 6 pins.
Anyway, between the prizes and the 50/50 prizes that we won, I guess I walked out of there with about $293. Kind of like a Christmas club. Someone holds your money and you get it back without interest. :-)

What else?
For the past few days I can't stop listening to the new Porcupine Tree CD "Deadwing". It is easily my favorite album of the year so far. I've seen the song "Shallow" being referred to as a "single". Is this actually getting airplay? I wouldn't know....I avoid commercial radio like the plague. Wouldn't surprise me though...Shallow is probably the "pop-iest" track on the CD. Not that it sounds like "pop" (it's much heavier than that), but it has a catchy guitar riff that anyone can wrap their mind around.
I do know they are getting a lot of airplay on XM radio.

Someone came across an interesting blog. Fair warning though...I guarantee that this will remind you of yourself or someone you know...or both. And if you have any mistrust with those close to you, then reading this won't help matters.
You can check it out here.

Trying to reformat my PC this week. What an incredibly daunting task it is. I'm still in the process of getting stuff off my drive and backing things up before I can even start. It's amazing how much of your life you can accumulate on a hard disk.

One month, one week, three days, 4 hours, 43 minutes
1607 cigarettes not smoked, saving $361.77
Life saved: 5 days, 14 hours

No comments: