Sunday, May 15, 2005

Greetings from the middle class

Interesting article in the NY Times today. A somewhat in-depth poll of how Americans view class and where we all fit in. According to this, I border between middle and upper-middle class. There are 4 factors that determine this, each holding seemingly equal weight. Occupation, Education, Income, & Wealth. Two surprises for me were that my education (Bachelor's Degree....very common I thought) puts me in the upper echelon, and my income (quite modest, IMO) puts me comfortably above average (well into the upper-middle class) in that category. My occupation is just about dead center, and my worth borders on lower-middle class.
Anyway, click here to check it out. If you can't view it, you may have to register at the site (it's free).

Yes, still smober!
One month, one day, 4 hours, 35 minutes
1247 cigarettes not smoked, saving $280.72
Life saved: 4 days, 8 hours

No comments: