Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there. ;-)

Yesterday was interesting. I got up and got out early to bowl in a tournament that I signed up for about 6 months ago. We get there, we're waiting, and I decide to look at the list of bowlers to see what lanes we're on. Mark Clark...Kara Cook...Mark Clark...Kara Cook....hmm....funny, I don't see either name there. There is a perfectly good explanation for this....you needed to qualify for the tournament, and WE DIDN'T! Great, so now it's either drive back home for a few hours and come back, or stay in Dover all day long. My lazy ass opted for staying. Anything but more driving. So I hung out with Donna at her mom's garage sale for the better part of the day, then we all went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. The food was outstanding, but it is a pricey place. With the tip, came to about $205 for 5 of us. That included one mixed drink and one beer. Of course, we had to try some cheesecake while we were there too, no? I had the German Chocolate Cheesecake. Incredibly rich...almost to the point of nauseating. I tried a bite of the plain old cheesecake, and I must admit, it was not what I would expect from a "factory" of such. Not bad, but not the best I've ever eaten. In fact, the main food was better than the cheesecake in my opinion. I had a skirt steak...tender, tasty...mmm it was the best meal I've had in a long time.
It killed the better part of the night though. We left the house around 6 (way too late), and got home around 10. Waited about 80-90 minutes for a table.
It was nice to try something different, but too expensive to frequent.

What else....oh, if you haven't heard about them yet, you gotta check out this High School percussion band performing Emerson, Lake & Palmer's Karn Evil 9! This is pretty amazing for a bunch of kids!
http://www.poteetpirateband.org/video.htm
It's at the lower left-center of the page. You'll need RealPlayer to view it.

Still Smober!

Three weeks, three days, 15 hours
985 cigarettes not smoked, saving $221.64
Life saved: 3 days, 10 hours

No comments: